Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Introduction

What is the Goofy Challenge?
 Disney's Goofy Challenge takes place during Disney's Marathon weekend and consists of the Half Marathon on Saturday and the Full Marathon on Sunday. That is a total of 39.3 miles in two days. Disney's Marathon weekend is on January 6th through January 9th, 2012. I'm an avid Disney fan and all the long distance races I've completed have been part of the Disney Run Series. I'm not sure what possessed me to sign up for such a crazy event, but I'm up for the challenge.

A Little Bit About Myself
My name is Anais and I'm a rising third year law student. I'm a Florida native but am attending law school in Maryland. I've completed one full marathon and two half marathons to date. In 2012, I would like to complete two full marathons and four half marathons. My long-term goal is to complete a triathlon sometime after I graduate law school and a half Iron Man before I'm 30. Another long-term goal is to complete 30 full marathons by the time I'm 30.

I've recently come to terms with the fact that I'm never going to be a fast or competitive runner. So I've decided to embrace that fact and simply run for fun. Running is my form of therapy, plus it's cheaper than a therapist and has more benefits than seeing a therapist.

Over the next 6 months I will be documenting my training, the obstacles and personal reflections about preparing and completing the Goofy Challenge. I will also post about the challenges of training for long-distance races while finishing up my last year in law school and balancing friends and family. Please feel free to comment on posts with training tips, comments, and words of encouragement. Furthermore, if you are interested in providing a guest post about training for similar races please e-mail me.

Cheers!

Anais

No comments:

Post a Comment