Saturday, May 11, 2013

Back at it!

It has been over a year since I last blogged, and oh so much has happened since then! 

(1) I completed the Goofy Challenge, 
PJ and I after the Half Marathon portion of the Goofy Challenge

(2) I completed my first Triathlon,
PJ and I before my first triathlon, Nautica South Beach 2012

(3) I graduated law school, 
Right before UM Law's Hooding Ceremony, May 2012
(4) I took the Florida Bar exam (sorry, no pictures were taken to document the torture),

(5) I conquered the Florida Bar Exam, 

(6) I got engaged!!!!
PJ and I celebrating our engagement at Gotham Steak, July 2012

(7) I went to Europe,
Venice

Florence

Marseille

(8) I was sworn in and am now a practicing member of the Florida bar, 
Swearing in Ceremony, September 2012

(9) I was offered a full-time Associate Attorney position at the law firm I clerked at while studying for the Florida Bar,

(10) We set a wedding date, and 

(11) I've run a 10 miler, three half marathons, and a full marathon during that time span.
Chef Mickey's after Disney Marathon, January 2013

Wine and Dine Half Marathon, 2012

Race Judicata 5k, May 2012
Lets just say its been a roller coaster of a year, but the best roller coaster ever. 

So you're probably wondering, what made you want to blog again? In 8 days, I celebrate my 25th birthday. Yup, the big 2-5! I have accomplished quite a bit for being 25, but I realize that there is a big, bright future (or a great big, beautiful tomorrow). I have neglected my goal setting since passing the bar, and honestly, I have been operating with a "go-through the motions" mentality since then. With my 25th rapidly approaching, I have been thinking a lot about my goals and where I would like to be in 5 years. I have also realized how influential healthy living and running blogs are. 

With that, I have decided to restart my blog, with a focus on healthy goal setting (and achieving) and documenting the trials and achievements of a wannabe runner, triathlete, and young attorney. I have noticed that many healthy living and running blogs are written by amazing women, but there are not too many that are written by working professionals trying to balance running, cycling, the occasional yoga practice and swimming, with building a family and establishing a career.

You're also probably wondering, now that you have met your "Goofy" goal, what are you going to post about? Well, probably about new fitness goals (maybe a possible PR time or Half Iron Man goal), healthy recipes, Disney, and the day to day obstacles of trying to fit in work, family and training. Let's just say that I am going to roll with the punches and hope for the best.

I really hope you join me on this new chapter!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment