Thursday, September 29, 2011

Updates

Wow! Its been more than three weeks since I last post. Let's just say that the semester swung into full gear immediately. Taking 16 credits (two of those classes require 25+ page papers) was not a great idea, but I love to be busy and productive. Training has also been amazing.

Updates
I have completed every run, but two in the past couple weeks. I have also added yoga and spinning to my workout schedules four times a week. That means that on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (or Thursday) and Friday I am running for at least an hour followed by a yoga/ spinning class. I've been doing this for almost three weeks and I have noticed a significant difference. My recovery time is much faster (to the point that I'm no longer sore after long runs) and my endurance has improved. I really love yoga and with the amount of stress I've built up, the yoga has helped manage the stress.

I have my next 5k this Saturday in Frederick benefiting the Frederick Bar Association. This will be my last 5k prior to the Baltimore Half Marathon.  I'm hoping to improve my last 5k time.

Hopefully I can blog some more this upcoming week with some updates as to the new running clothes I've bought (my old stuff is huge on me), the importance of a strong support system while in law school and in training, and the days leading up to the Baltimore Half. I plan on enjoying the next two weeks of training, as after the Baltimore Half training for the Goofy revs up (can't wait for back to back long runs). 


No comments:

Post a Comment