Sunday, August 28, 2011

First Week of Baltimore Half Marathon Training

Lets just say that this week has been HECTIC. I packed three months worth of my belongings, left Florida, flew back to Maryland, spent the weekend with my parents, and I just got back to Baltimore to move back into my place and settle back in. I also managed to complete ALL my reading for the week and two assignments I had to complete (yes, in Law School you get homework and reading BEFORE classes start). I have also cleaned out my entire closet and I got rid of everything in bigger sizes as I'm officially down to a size 2/0 and an extra small :)

Even with all the craziness, I was able to fit in all my runs for the week :)

Monday- 3 Miles
Tuesday- 40 minute run/walk
Wednesday- Rest Day
Thursday- 3 Miles
Friday- 6 Miles
Saturday- 3 Miles
Sunday- Rest Day

Total: 17.3 miles (or so)

This was a really easy and good week of training. Through my runs I wasn't out of breathe and felt really good afterwards. As the mileage increases from week to week I know I'm going to look back and wish I had a week like this. Next week I'm looking at about 23 miles. Not hateful but won't be as easy as this week.

Good news- Wegman's is amazing! It has the best selection of organic food I've seen outside of a trader joes or Whole Foods. I picked up some Shot Blocks for days where I'm running for more than an hour. So if you're interested in good, healthy, and inexpensive food= GO TO WEGMAN's!

I'm also thinking about running a couple of upcoming 5Ks in the area: Frederick YMCA 5k, Pumpkin Fest 5K, and the Headless Horseman 5K.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, good for you! I decided yesterday to run the Disneyland half marathon next year, but I only was able to run one mile yesterday. I have a lot of training to go!

    ReplyDelete