Monday, August 1, 2011

Week 1 Training Re-cap

Every Sunday afternoon I plan on posting a re-cap of my training (this week, I've posted the recap on a Monday). Its a great way to hold myself accountable for training and to own up to my procrastination.

Here it goes, my first week of training for the Goofy in a nutshell:

Monday- 4 Mile Run
First day back from a 10 day vacation= not a great run. I did the 4 mile run on the treadmill. I completed the first 3 miles in 30 minutes (not hateful) and I broke up the last mile into 4 segments. I walked for a minute then ran for 2 minutes and did 25 sit-ups on an exercise ball and did 15 bicep curls for each arm with 8 lb weights. I repeated this 4 times.


Tuesday- 45 minute 50 minute run/walk
Great run. I walked for 3 minutes and ran for 3 minutes and repeated for 50 minutes. I ran for 4.23 miles averaging less than a 12 minute mile. In the grand schemes of things this wasn't a "fast run." However, I pushed the runs and felt really good. I'm really thinking about doing some form of run/walk for the full marathon portion of the challenge.

Wednesday- REST DAY!
We (my fabulous boyfriend and I) had a date night :) Meaning= no running or training. Went to go see Harry Potter and it was great.

Thursday-4 mile run REST DAY!
I was supposed to run today, but we had our first Relay for Life meeting. We got out late, and I hadn't eaten at all. So we stopped, grabbed dinner and by the time we got home it was 9 pm. I was not in the mood for a treadmill workout, so I decided to push this workout to Friday and my Friday run to Sunday.

Friday- 5 mile run 4 mile run
I did a nice and easy 4 mile run Friday afternoon. I've realized how early or how late I run the Florida heat is ridiculous. Sometimes I feel as if my shoes are burning.

Saturday- 4 mile
I did a little more than a 4 mile run on Saturday. It was a mid afternoon run, and I struggled a bit because of the heat. I ran the first 2 miles in under 9 minutes each. The last two miles were not at great but I still managed to finish within 41 minutes. Lesson learned- do not run after 8:30 am and before 5:30 pm.
Sunday- 40 minute walk
I had a 5 mile run which I pushed back to Monday in order to do a post-dinner walk with the boyfriend and little one. These are my favorite workouts. Me and the little one "raced" most of walk, while the boyfriend ran just enough to show us that he is the fastest one. We ran into a bunch of the neighborhood's dogs and played with them. We also met a little Pomeranian, Sasha. She is the cutest thing in the world. Overall, good workout week.

Total workouts- 5
Total Mileage- 16.23 miles
Goal for next week- Don't rearrange the workout schedule and complete all scheduled runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment