Saturday, November 5, 2011

Week 1 of Goofy Training

Re-Cap of the Week
Miles run: 40.82
Hours spent sweating: 10.7 hours
 
Sunday, October 30, 2011

Elliptical- 3.16 miles/ 33 minutes/ 287 Calories

Run Intervals- 3.82 miles/ 49 minutes (44 minutes/ 5 minutes) I did the run/ walk interval to gauge pain (if any) and just to see how hard I can push myself in 40 minutes. My intervals are usually a .25 mile walk at 3.8 - 4.0 mph followed by a .25 run. I decided to start my run intervals at 6.3 mph and I increased it by .2 mph for each interval. I worked myself up the ending my intervals at 7.5 mph. I had absolutely no pain in my right ankle, but slight discomfort in my lower back.

It was a great first day back, I was in heaven being able to run again without pain.
    Monday, October 31, 2011

    Run: 7 miles on treadmill (yuck, but it was a late night and I hate running in the cold)
    • 1 mile warm up run- 10:30 pace
    • 5 miles run at 9:45 pace
    • 1 mile cool-down at 10:30 pace
    • .50 mile walk at 3.5 mph
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011

    Run: Interval "Speed" work- 50 minutes (4 miles) Just like Monday, my intervals are every .25 miles and alternate from walking and running. I walked at 4.0 mph, and then started my run at 6.5 mph and continued to increase during each run interval until I reached 7.9 mph.

    Yoga: 1 hour

    I LOVE yoga. I always feel so "zen" after a great yoga session, and my arms and core have really benefited from my yoga practice. Plus, I'm starting to do some of the fun balancing stuff (reminds me of my dance days) and I LOVE backbends (reminds me of my Cheerleading days).

    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 (rest day= no running)

    Yoga: 1 hour

    Extreme Spin Class: 45 minutes

    Thursday, November 3, 2011

    Run: 1 hour 30 minute run- I think I ran about 8 to 9 miles ( I really need a Garmin)

    Super Blurry Picture captured with my Blackberry

    Of course, on my way back from my run, I made a pit stop at the Lululemon showroom. I didn't get anything because (a) the holidays are approaching (I already got three of Boyfriend's Christmas gifts, I still have to get him an anniversary present, and I have to get all our families' and friends' gifts) and (b) I already had a shipment on its way which included 2 speed shorts (on sale online), a pair of crops and a tank top. 

    Friday, November 4, 2011

    Run: 6 mile run- 60 minutes

    Friday was a rough run day. I'd been in class and studying all day. My intentions were to do my 12 mile run as planned, but felt horrible. Plus, my nerves for the MPRE were no bueno. I decided that I'd rather do a good 6 mile run, that was scheduled for Saturday, and do the 12 miles on Saturday instead.

    Saturday, November 5, 2011

    Run: 12 Miles- 2 hours

    Great run considering the circumstances. I did the first 10 miles on the treadmill. Was feeling amazing until Mile 8 when my stomach started grumbling. I took the MPRE earlier that morning at 9 am and didn't eat before or after the exam. Once I got home from the exam, I changed into my running gear and ran downstairs to the gym for a run. After 10 miles on the treadmill, I went back to my apartment, ate two shot blocks, grabbed my reusable grocery bags and ran to the Whole Foods which is 2 miles from my apartment. I was able to do those last two mile in 17 minutes. Overall, I felt really good.

    Question: What did you do this week? 

      1 comment:

      1. Great and interesting post; now I am thinking about doing a similar weekly post on my blog to keep myself accountable. Thanks for the inspiration!

        ReplyDelete