Sunday, October 30, 2011

68 Days till Disney's Marathon Weekend

On Friday, I went for my follow-up visit at my Orthopedics's office and got great news- I can start training on Monday! I also got the interesting news that I have a pesky extra bone in my ankle. I'm a bit dorky and got super excited because I'm a little mutant! I start my physical therapy for my ankle and back on Tuesday and I have to continue my physical therapy for four weeks.

With that news, reality set in. I have a 15 K in 34 days and Goofy's Challenge is in less than 70 days. Most importantly, finals are a month away and I move to Florida in two months!!! I have so much to look forward to, but there is so much hard work associated with all that fun. 

I have to constantly remind myself that as much as I love to log in the miles and hours at the gym, school and my career are my first priority (behind my family, boyfriend and friends). Logging multiple hours running, practicing yoga and spinning is not going to help me become a successful attorney, but it will help me look good in my brand new suits! 

Considering my limitations, I sat down and dedicated about an hour to setting a realistic training schedule. Realistically, I can dedicate 3 work/school weekdays to running (1 hr to 2 hrs a day), 1 day to intense running (3+ hours), 1 day to fun cross training, i.e. yoga or spinning (no more than an hour), and unfortunately, I'm human and I need one full day of complete rest. I also factored in Thanksgiving weekend and our (PJ, little man, and I) trip to Ohio to visit PJ's brother and sister.


To see my new training schedule click here!


After two weeks of down time from running, I feel motivated, refreshed, and optimistic. I'm also feeling good about not being the fastest or best out there, but I'm not the slowest either. Everyday I'm happier and more comfortable in my skin. I've also learned that I excel in different areas, and it's not humanly possible to excel and be the best at every endeavor I pursue. Running is a challenge and one that I love. I run to beat myself and no one else.





No comments:

Post a Comment