Friday, October 14, 2011

Review of Baltimore Running Festival Expo

Clothes laid out- Check

Bib pinned- Check
Cliff Shot Blocks- Check

Its the night before the Half Marathon and after finishing a brisk walk and a yoga session, I'm preparing to wind down before heading to dinner with my parents. Rather than working on my pesky Advanced Legal Research paper, I wanted to update the blog with a brief review of the Baltimore Running Festival's expo. 

*Disclaimer* This is the first non-Disney expo I've attended, and you've ever participated in a Disney race, you know that the Disney Expos are amazing! 

For the first time, the expo was held in the Baltimore Convention Center instead of Raven's stadium. It was a little confusing finding the expo as it was in one of the back conference rooms. However, everyone was very helpful. Prior to walking into the expo, all race participants had to show their e-confirmation print out to pick up the "goody bag." The "goody bag" had a couple of coupons from sponsors and future race advertisements. After picking up the goody bag, we took the stairs to the expo. The first stop was picking up the race bib. This was pretty easy as your bib number was printed on the e-confirmation page. After picking up the bib, then it was to pick up the race shirt. Also, pretty simple as it was split up by race, gender, and t-shirt size. The shirts are made by Under Armour and are good quality. My only complaint is that the small is huge, and I'm not a fan of the "female-cut" t-shirts as the sleeves are not flattering. 

There were quite a few vendors. One of my favorite booths, One More Mile, was there. They always have funny apparel and I bought a fabulous baseball cap with a penguin! Yes, Phi Sig Sisters, you heard right! A penguin baseball cap!
Mine is in black


There were also a couple of booths giving giveaways. Larabar, Covergirl, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and an olive oil company were giving freebies. I was sad that runningskirts.com wasn't there. But they will be at the Disney Marathon Expo!

Under Armour had some great race specific clothing at the expo. I plan on picking something up (and maybe something for PJ) tomorrow after the race.


Overall, the expo was really nice and everything seemed to flow. Not once did I feel like there was a crowd, not did I feel overwhelmed. Then again, I went to the expo pretty early.

Until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment