Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My day long Saturday Adventure with Frick and Frack (my parents)

Disclaimer- My parents are crazy, in the best way possible. They are the type of people that rather be out than sitting at home on a weekend. So what does this mean to a busy law student and "wanna-be running enthusiast?" This means that I plan my weeks ahead of time knowing that the likelihood of doing school work or training on Saturday is unlikely.

A Typical Saturday with my parents (Frick and Frack)
Motor home driving

First thing on Saturday morning, Dad wanted to go and test drive a motor home. (Yes, a motor home) Back story- My parents went to this giant RV show during the summer in Hershey, Pennsylvania, and since then he's been really interested in doing a little more research into motor homes. So, he found a really nice motor home dealer and him, mom and I went to test drive these bad boys. It was a lot of fun and much easier than any of us thought. I see my parents buying a motor home is the distant future.

Cupcakes

After test driving the motor home, I begged my parents to stop at the brand-spanking new cupcake place in Downtown Frederick. One of my favorite things in the universe are cupcakes! We actually stopped at the cupcake place on Friday afternoon, but they let us know that their grand opening was on Saturday.
Pretending I'm a super model in front of the cupcake shop on Friday afternoon
I was extremely impressed with their cupcakes. Mom and I picked out four different cupcakes: I had the creamy pumpkin cupcake, mom picked their classic vanilla with vanilla frosting and the classic vanilla with chocolate frosting, and we got one for my little brother, the Chocolate Fudge and Peanut Butter cupcake.

The creamy pumpkin cupcake was a perfect balance. There was not too much pumpkin and it wasn't too sweet. It was extremely fresh and the frosting was to die for. Mom and my brother loved their cupcakes as well.

Dinosaur Land

On our way to the Shenandoah Valley to see the changing of the leaves, we stumbled across this gem:
Dinosaur Land!
Like an obnoxious 5-year old, I forced my parents to stop so I can take pictures in front of the giant dinosaurs! Plus it gave us all the chance to stretch our legs after being in the car for an hour and a half

Shenandoah Vally

After being in the car for a billion hours, we made it to the Shenandoah Valley! It was absolutely gorgeous. The national park stretches for miles and we drove along the road looking at the trees and just admiring the natural beauty of the park.

We decided to have dinner at the restaurant at the Park's Lodge. It was really nice and we all enjoyed our food. While at the lodge, Dad and I met Yogi Bear's long lost cousin, Mr. Black Bear. My poor dad spent the entire day trying to spot a black bear in the forest, and this was the closest he was going to get to see a bear.


Dad, Mr. Black Bear and I

Mom and me waiting to eat and sitting by the fireplace

No comments:

Post a Comment